Heather J. Rankin for AANA Director Region 7

Heather J. Rankin for AANA Director Region 7

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Heather J. Rankin for AANA Director Region 7

For the past 7 years I have been honored to serve the Alabama Association of Nurse Anesthetists on the Board of Directors and on various Committees.  Thank you for the nomination to the AANA Board of Directors for Director Region 7.  I am humbled and look forward to the opportunity to serve our Region and nation in the future.


A little bit of background on myself: I am a full time clinician working in Birmingham, Alabama.  I have worked in the area of pediatrics for the last 8 years.   My service to the ALANA Board of Directors began in 2007 to the position of Central Director.  Two years later I was elected to President-elect, and I served my President year 2010-11.  Since then I have served on various ALANA Committees and the AANA Public Relations Committee.  I am currently chairing the AANA PR Committee for the second year in a row.


I have learned a lot about our profession along the way, and I have a more unique perspective being around a fantastic CRNA my entire life - my mom.  I grew up engrossed in this profession, and seeing how great it was growing up, chose to pursue the profession for myself and our family.  My husband, family, and friends have been a huge support to me along the way with my service to our great profession.  I look forward to serving the AANA and CRNAs across the nation in the coming years!


Please let me know the issues you feel are important as a CRNA.  I welcome you questions and feedback on this site.  We are in this profession together, and I thank you in advance for your support of Heather J. Rankin for AANA Director Region 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment